Mission and Vision Statements
Coast Colleges offer inspiration, innovation and meaningful learning experiences to its diverse and changing community and prepares students to achieve success in post-secondary, career and technical, and life-long educational opportunities.
Coast Colleges provide excellence, innovation and success in education to inspire and transform lives in our local and global community.
- The mission and responsibilities of our profession;
- Students success;
- Support teaching and learning excellence;
- Learning, fairness, unity, and continuous improvement;
- Collaborative, institutional culture;
- Support of students, faculty, management, and staff;
- Active outreach;
- Professional integrity;
- A transparent, accessible, and balanced governance structure.
Learning: Student-centered and outcome-based for optimal success.
People: Respect for and commitment to invest in people.
Focus: Vision inspired, student centered, and goal driven by strategic master plans.
Agility: Flexible, responsive, and courageous when needs require change in practices and conditions.
Integrity: Truthfulness is the first and most important trait to good institutional citizenship.
Collaboration: Shared responsibility and teamwork across disciplines, departments, divisions, colleges, and districts.
Engagement: Broad-based involvement of stakeholders to encourage optimal decision making.
Diversity: Reflect inclusiveness with all ethnic, socio economic, educational, abilities, and cultural backgrounds.
Equity: All staff serves and contributes to our students' success with equal importance.
Unity: The importance of the collective good and bond is greater than the gain of individuals, departments, and colleges.
- Develop and enforce student-centered and student-first attitudes, processes, decisions, policies and culture.
- Increase student success rates by adopting proven best practices and program designs.
- Increase access and success to meet the changing students' needs of our community.
- Provide leadership in addressing regional workforce training and development needs.
- Embrace and increase the diversity of faculty, staff, administration, and curriculum.
- Invest in the professional and leadership development of all staff.
- Create an institutionalized practice and culture of evidence in decision making.
- Encourage and support creativity, flexibility, and innovation.
- Engage and invest in entrepreneurial activities to increase and diversify revenue streams.
- Maximize the appropriate and strategic utilization of technology.
- Enhance international educational learning opportunities for students, faculty, and staff.
- Achieve long-term financial stability and decrease reliability on state funding.
- Strengthen and increase strategic alliances and partnerships in local and global communities.